Status: Full Time, Exempt
Hours: 40 hours/week; Monday-Friday 8:30 am–5:00 pm
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: $60-75 hourly rate range; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate nurse practitioner or physician assistant who is dedicated to providing excellent primary care to patients with a focus on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and counseling.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for more than 35 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides comprehensive medical services to patients presenting for care at SFHC
on a continuing basis
- Demonstrates expert clinical judgment and performance in acute and chronic disease management
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation necessary for patient care and billing
- Works cooperatively with other medical providers and staff
- Values a willingness to work collaboratively with the Behavioral Health clinicians
- Actively participates in team meetings
- Responsible for understanding and maintenance of Quality Improvement Program indicators as directed by the Leadership for the medical department
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the implementation of medical clinic policies to ensure appropriate medical follow-up of patients and medical specialty referrals
- Performs on-call duties one day a week including responsibilities in the electronic health record and the afterhours telephone on-call
- Participates in weekend call rotation including Saturday afternoon clinic hours at main site.
- Participates in covering legal holiday on-call telephone coverage
- Demonstrates an understanding of SFHC’s mission in performing all aspects of the positio
- Understands and follows medical operations in compliance with applicable state
and local laws, regulations and policies
- Understands and monitors systems for compliance as necessary. Provides
necessary and timely communication to Medical Leadership when issues of
compliance arise, and complies with a corrective strategy
- Understands and follows policies and procedures relative to medical provider
scheduling, schedule changes, template development, etc., coordinating with
efforts with the Operations manager. Promptly communicates problems and issues
in these areas to the Medical Leadership
- Responsible for attending all appropriate meetings as directed by the Medical
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- Current California license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- At least 1 year proven successful experience as a practicing clinician
- Current BCLS Certification
- Possess a DEA certificate
- Current and valid California license (in good standing)
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- CME and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.
- Loan repayment under the National Health Service Corp (NHSC) program available