Status: Full Time
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA and other Sierra Family locations
Pay: $85-105 hourly rate range; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate MD or DO who is dedicated to providing excellent primary care to patients with a focus on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and counseling.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for 40 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide comprehensive medical services to patients on a continuing basis
- Demonstrate expert clinical judgment and performance in acute and chronic disease management and provide accurate and timely documentation necessary for patient care and billing
- Work collaboratively with other medical providers, Behavioral Health clinicians, and staff
- Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of SFHC. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times whether on or off duty
- Understand and maintain Quality Improvement Program indicators as directed by the Leadership Team, including participating in the Peer Review process.
- Comply with medical clinic policies to ensure appropriate medical follow-up of patients and medical specialty referrals
- Cooperates with the rest of the medical staff in assuring after hours and Saturday’s coverage for the clinic patients.
- Supervise PAs and FNPs according to the standardized procedures agreed upon which defines their scope of practice while complying with all federal and state regulations and codes.
- Comply with applicable state and local laws, regulations and policies. Provides necessary and timely communication to the Leadership Team when issues of compliance arise, and participate in any necessary corrective strategy
- Follow medical provider scheduling policies and procedures, coordinate with the Operations Manager, and promptly communicate scheduling concerns and issues to the Medical Leadership
- Attend all appropriate meetings as directed
- Completion of a nationally accredited Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program.
- Must have a current California license
- Must be in good standing with the California State Licensing Board without any limitations on license
- CPR Certification
- At least 1 year of proven successful experience as a practicing clinician
- Current BCLS Certification
- Possess a DEA certificate
- Vacation Sick leave
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- CME and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training
- Student loan forgiveness
- Relocation assistance