Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: $150,000-$190,00 Annual Salary range; varies depending upon experience & based on 40-hour work week
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and knowledgeable dentist to join our team. To be a successful Dentist, you should be caring, communicative, and experienced in diagnosing and treating dental ailments. You will meet with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures, such as root canals, extractions, and oral surgery, and work with other staff members, such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our clients with quality dental services.
As a Dentist at Sierra Family, you are expected to provide compassionate, quality care to a varied and underserved patient population. You will work closely with the Medical and Behavioral Health Departments in an effort to provide comprehensive, integrated care to all our patients. Sierra Family is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a loan repayment program through NSHC & Nurse Corps.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health providing full-service
medical care to area residents for more than 40 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic
(FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health
care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically
underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
Requirements / Education
- Graduate of an accredited U.S. Dental School, or, graduate of a foreign dental school
- Current California State License to practice Dentistry
- Current DEA License
- Current CPR Certification
- 1-year experience as a Dentist preferred
- Basic office skills, basic computer skills, appointment scheduling, data entry
- eCW Dental software experience preferred
- Willingness to train others and lead by example
- Able to effectively communicate with patients & personnel from diverse backgrounds
- Self-starter able to effectively manage multiple complex projects
- 8 Holidays
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage
- CME and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training
- Student loan forgiveness (through NHSC)
- Relocation assistance
Apply online at Sierra Family Health Center, Careers, or send a cover letter with your resume to HR@sierraclinic.org and include the position title.