Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road on the San Juan Ridge
Pay: $40-60 hourly rate range; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate RN or LVN who is dedicated to providing excellent care to our patients and being an integral member of our Health Center team. The Nurse is expected to demonstrate critical thinking skills, leadership, supervisory/management skills and appropriate role modeling.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation) in patient care and daily activities; documents all actions, as appropriate, in EHR.
- Supervises Certified Medical Assistants.
- Demonstrates leadership in standards of professional behavior.
- Coordinates nursing activities and assures efficient patient flow, care, and processes including ongoing assessment of clinician schedule, and working with other staff to minimize patient waiting time.
- Functions under standardized procedures or patient care protocols approved by CMO to provide independent care.
- Performs independent telephone or face-to-face triage using written triage protocols.
- Initiates clinical education for staff and community members.
- Uses therapeutic communication (Motivational Interviewing preferred) methods with staff and patients.
- Participates in the quality improvement process and assists with data tracking and trending.
- Oversees compliance and training with HIPAA and OSHA mandates and Health Center policies on workplace and patient safety.
- Initiates venipuncture with clinician’s order for the purpose of phlebotomy.
- Provides direct patient education and supervises the provision of patient education.
- Accepts and correctly transcribes verbal or telephone orders from clinicians.
Education and Experience Required
- Completion of an accredited RN/LVN program.
- Current California RN/LVN license and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Strong experience with EHR.
- Supervisory experience.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in acute care nursing.
- Previous experience working in an outpatient clinic or doctor’s office.
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- CME and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.
- Loan repayment under the National Health Service Corp (NHSC) program available.
Successful candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine before date of hire or have received a valid exemption from SFHC.
Apply online at www.sierraclinic.org\careers or send a cover letter with your resume to HR@sierraclinic.org and include the position title.