Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
$1000 Hiring Bonus (time limits and conditions apply)
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate RN/LVN who is dedicated to providing excellent primary care to patients, is a collaborative team player, a compassionate listener, and has strong communication skills.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for more than 35 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation) in patient care and daily activities; documents all actions, as appropriate, in EHR.
- Supervises Certified Medical Assistants.
- Demonstrates leadership in standards of professional behavior.
- Coordinates nursing activities and assures efficient patient flow, care, and processes including ongoing assessment of clinician schedule, and working with other staff to minimize patient waiting time.
- Functions under standardized procedures or patient care protocols approved by CMO to provide independent care.
- Performs independent telephone or face-to-face triage using written triage protocols.
- Initiates clinical education for staff and community members
- Uses therapeutic communication (Motivational Interviewing preferred) methods with staff and patients.
- Participates in the quality improvement process and assists with data tracking and trending.
- Oversees compliance and training with HIPAA and OSHA mandates and Health Center policies on workplace and patient safety.
- Initiates venipuncture with clinician’s order for the purpose of phlebotomy.
- Provides direct patient education and supervises the provision of patient education.
- Accepts and correctly transcribes verbal or telephone orders from clinicians.
- Completion of an accredited RN or LVN program.
- Current California RN or LVN license and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Strong experience with EHR.
- Supervisory experience.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in acute care nursing.
- Previous experience working in an outpatient clinic or doctor’s office.
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- CME and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.
- Loan repayment under the National Health Service Corp (NHSC) program available