Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate nurse practitioner or physician assistant who is dedicated to providing excellent primary care to patients with a focus on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and counseling.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for more than 35 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide comprehensive medical services to patients on a continuing basis
- Demonstrate expert clinical judgment and performance in acute and chronic disease management and provide accurate and timely documentation necessary for patient care and billing
- Work collaboratively with other medical providers, Behavioral Health clinicians, and staff
- Understand and maintain Quality Improvement Program indicators as directed by the Leadership for the medical department.
- Comply with medical clinic policies to ensure appropriate medical follow-up of patients and medical specialty referrals
- Perform on-call duties one day a week including responsibilities in the electronic health record and the afterhours telephone on-call. Participate in weekend call rotation including Saturday afternoon clinic hours at main site, as well as legal holiday on-call telephone coverage.
- Comply with applicable state and local laws, regulations and policies. Provides necessary and timely communication to Medical Leadership when issues of compliance arise, and participate in any necessary corrective strategy
- Follow medical provider scheduling policies and procedures, coordinate with the Operations Manager, and promptly communicate scheduling concerns and issues to the Medical Leadership
- Attend all appropriate meetings as directed by the Medical Leadership.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- Current California license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- At least 2 years proven successful experience as a practicing clinician
- Current BCLS Certification
- Possess a DEA certificate
- Current and valid California license (in good standing)
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- CME and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.
- Loan repayment under the National Health Service Corp (NHSC) program is available