Status: 32 hours per week (80% FTE) – Schedule (Monday-Friday)
Location: Nevada City, CA (Tyler Foote)
Pay: $17-22/ hour hourly rate range; varies depending upon experience & based on 40-hour work week.
$1000 Hiring Bonus (time limits and conditions apply)
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a competent and organized Medical Records Technician who is dedicated to providing accurate and detailed service to support patients and providers.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for 40 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada, Sierra and Yuba counties.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records–knowledge of eClinicalWorks (1+ year preferred)
- Detail-oriented with excellent accuracy and the ability to follow instruction
- Strong Windows and Microsoft Office aptitude and written/verbal communication skills
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality at all times by following HIPAA regulations and guidelines in order to maintain privacy and security for all patients’ protected health information.
- Receive, verify, and scan medical records for electronic attachment to patients’ charts, from the electronic fax inbox, or via scanning of regular mail, DVDs, flash drives, or patient-provided materials
- Send out requests for records as a regular course of business, and/or STAT requests for patients in-house for their visit
- Receive requests for records, review for accuracy and process accordingly; document all Medical Records Disclosure information for every request
- 8 Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Continuing Education
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
Apply online at www.sierraclinic.org\careers or send a cover letter with your resume to HR@sierraclinic.org and include the position title.