Status: Part-Time/Full Time
Hours: 24 to 32 hours/week
Location: 8676 Marysville Road, Oregon House, CA
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate Medical Assistant (MA) who is dedicated to providing excellent primary care to patients, is a collaborative team player, a compassionate listener, and has strong communication skills.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for more than 35 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Yuba and Nevada counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination as needed
- Taking patient medical histories and recording vital signs
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens, or performing basic laboratory tests on the premises
- Optimizing the process for medication refills
- Administering intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injections, verifying correct medication and dosage with the licensed clinical staff while observing Clinic medication administration safety protocols
- Performing: ear lavage, Snellen, PPD,EKG, Audiometry, Peak Flow, Nebulizer, Urine Dip, Slums, Fall Risk Assessment, Phlebotomy, Rapid Strep, Rapid Pregnancy, Pt/INR, h/h.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will be a Certified Medical Assistant, with at least one year of experience in a medical clinic with a diverse population.
- Experience in a federally qualified health center is preferred.
- If not certified, an agreement to be certified within six months is necessary.
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Continuing education
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.