Status: Full time—32 to 40 hours per week
Location: Tyler Foote and Oregon House clinics
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a Front Office Manager for all front office staff and billing staff who is dedicated to providing excellent care to patients, is a
collaborative team player, a compassionate listener, and has strong communication and
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for more than 35 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Trains, evaluates, and initiates disciplinary action for supervised employees.
- Ensures that employees report to work on time and complete time sheets.
- Sees to the proper application of patient, insurance, and other payments.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports on third-party billings, accounts pending diagnoses, and late charges.
- Participates in process-flow mapping and improvement
- Observes established policies and procedures which include confidentiality, safety,
infection control and other environmental regulations
- Performs other clerical or supervisory duties as assigned Essential Requirements
- 2-year associate degree required, 4-year degree preferred
- 1-3 years of office management experience (prefer healthcare experience) including
some responsibility for cash collections, payment arrangements
- Excellent verbal, written and customer service skills
- Proven ability to educate and build a team
- EHR experience preferred
- MS Office (proficient in excel & word), Quick Books preferred
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Continuing education
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.