Status: Full time/Part time
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: $104,000-$135,200 Annual Salary range; varies depending upon experience & based on 40-hour work week
$1000 Hiring Bonus (time limits and conditions apply)
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate Dental Hygienist who is
dedicated to providing excellent dental care to patients, is a collaborative team player, a
compassionate listener, and has strong communication skills.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health providing full-service
medical care to area residents for more than 40 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic
(FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health
care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically
underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides clinical services and health education to patients to improve and maintain their oral
- Cleans calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of
gums using dental instruments.
- Examines gums using probes to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum
- Feels lymph nodes under patient’s chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate
the presence of oral cancer.
- Applies fluorides or other cavity-preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Records and reviews patient medical histories.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Associate’s degree or the successful completion of a recognized vocational program in
- State license required.
- Knowledge of general principles of dentistry and advanced knowledge of dental hygiene.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center is preferred.
- 8 Holidays
- Sick leave
- Continuing education
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
Apply online at Sierra Family Health Center, Careers, or send a cover letter with your resume to HR@sierraclinic.org and include the position title.