Status: Full Time
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
$1,000 Hiring Bonus (time limits and conditions apply)
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a compassionate Dental Assistant who is dedicated to providing excellent dental care to patients, is a collaborative team player, a compassionate listener, and has strong communication skills.
SFHC is a rural community health center and leader in integrated health, which has been providing full-service medical care to area residents for more than 35 years. As a Federally Qualified Rural Health Clinic (FQHC), we provide compassionate and quality medical, dental, chiropractic, and behavioral health care to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community, including the indigent and medically underserved populations of Nevada and Yuba counties.
Essential Job Functions
- Cleans operatory in preparation for treatment
- Prepares and sterilizes instruments and equipment
- Escorts patient to the operatory and assists patient to be as comfortable as possible in the dental chair
- Prepares patient for treatment
- Assists Dentist with dentistry procedures
- Observes established policies and procedures which include confidentiality, safety, infection control, and other environmental regulations
- High School graduate or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will be a Registered Dental Assistant, with at least one year of experience in a dental clinic with a diverse population.
- Experience in a federally qualified health center is preferred.
- Vacation (Two weeks initially; increases over time)
- Sick leave (Five days a year)
- Continuing education
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.