Status: Full Time
Location: 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, CA
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a Controller who will plan and direct the accounting operations of the organization. They will oversee the Finance Department and activities ensuring compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Supervises and provides direction to the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees materials management and supply procurement.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documents business transactions. Complies with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Works with the CFO to produce the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommended appropriate budget level to ensure expenditure control.
- Works to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Establishes maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Oversees and / or completes the input and handling of financial data and reports for HRSA Grant management programs and other government programs that have financial relationships with the organization.
- Oversees all aspects of the revenue cycle.
- Supports the overall functions of the Finance department by recommending, developing, and maintaining financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contracting compliance.
- Participates in Strategic Planning and annual goal setting.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit and single audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements related to financial management.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings with staff and the Board of Directors.
- Attends workshops / seminars as needed to expand knowledge and skill of industry trends and leadership competency.
- Maintains confidentially and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by HIPPA regulations for privacy.
- Contributes to the team by promoting positive staff interaction, maintains open communication.
- Demonstrates awareness of and compliance with the mission, vision and values of the Center to provide healthcare access and support services.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software, QuickBooks preferred.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Three or more years of related business experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.