Status: Part-Time/Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Nevada & Yuba County clinics
Pay: Fair market compensation; varies depending upon experience
Join our family of caregivers. Serve your community. Love where you live.
Sierra Family Health Center (SFHC) is seeking a Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, who is dedicated to providing compassionate, excellent care to our patients utilizing evidenced based behavioral services, including initial patient evaluations, triage assessments, crisis intervention management, individual counseling, skills training, care coordination, case management, and follow-up referrals. Clinicians participate in interdisciplinary case conferences and work with primary care providers focusing on health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education, and counseling.
- Provide individual therapy to support the goals of the Integrated Behavioral Health model in Primary Care.
- Provide consultations, coaching, and brief solution-focused interventions to address chronic health conditions and/or support behavioral changes to improve outcomes of Primary Care medical treatment plans.
- Recognize and treat behavioral issues related to chronic health condition management (mental health, substance use disorder, Type 2 Diabetes, hypertension, etc.) as they arise, in the context of medical care provision.
- Serve as a critical contributing member of integrated care teams with medical providers, medical assistants, other clinical support staff, and patients.
- Provide patients with self-management skills (e.g. relapse prevention) and tools to enhance their participation in their own treatment and recovery. Collect, develop, and distribute health and mental health improvement tools on an on-going basis.
- Using best practices, teach patients skills to manage chronic conditions.
- Provide Motivational Interviewing a relapse prevention plans to improve abstinence and harm reduction outcomes for people with substance use disorders.
- Provide patients with support, instruction, and modeling for behavior befitting the Health Center setting and most likely to encourage mutually respectful care.
- Identify high risk, high-needs patients for greater attention to whole-person care and health improvement planning, and refer to appropriate services.
- Perform risk assessment and crisis management, including evaluation and referral to Emergency Services for patients who are suicidal, homicidal or experiencing intimate partner violence.
- Document all patient interactions in the Electronic Health Record according to Sierra Family Health Center policies and timelines.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA requirements for all patient communications.
- Make referrals to specialty mental health and other specialty services, within SFHC Health or externally, as appropriate.
- Comply with all Mandated Reporter requirements and documentation.
- Assist patients with tasks associated with community functioning, and may help patient fill out paperwork and/or provide resources as necessary for social needs and community supports.
Education and Experience Required
- LCSW, LMFT, PsyD or PhD with a valid, unrestricted California license.
- Familiarity with integrated behavioral health models within a community healthcare system; experience practicing in such a setting preferred.
- Experience in short-term, evidence-based, solution-focused counseling; creation of treatment plans; psychosocial assessment; individual therapy; cognitive-behavioral therapy; motivational interviewing; trauma-informed care; and crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of psychiatric, psychosocial, ethical, legal and privacy issues; substance misuse/abuse and chemical dependency assessment and treatment; understanding of current insurance benefits and restrictions in the area of mental health; knowledgeable of DSM-V; and treatment issues concerning adolescents and minors.
- Knowledge and understanding of human behavior and communication, psychotherapy, case management, and the influence of cultural and spiritual values in counseling practice
- Experience with brief interventions, including Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) preferred.
- Sick leave
- Medical liability coverage through NorCal, which includes tail coverage.
- CEUs and licensing allowance
- Administrative time
- Onsite free medical, dental, chiropractic, behavioral health care with some limits.
- Monthly contribution to Group Insurance plan
- In-house management and leadership training.
- Loan repayment under the National Health Service Corp (NHSC) program available.
Successful candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine before date of hire or have received a valid exemption from SFHC.
Apply online at www.sierraclinic.org\careers or send a cover letter with your resume to HR@sierraclinic.org and include the position title.